Sunday, November 18, 2007

So what happened was...

Here's a timeline for the past couple of weeks.
11/1-Mom leaves for Mexico. 11/2-I wake up and my joints are sore and I feel a bit tired 11/4-Still feeling sick, I take my temp, it's 101.4, my urine is also very dark
11/5-I call the doc for an appointment. At the appointment Dr Liz says she wants to admit me. Ummm yikes! Mom's in Mexico! Thankfully our good friend Sue Little was able to come to the house and stay the night with the kids, and she took them to day care the next day too! I spent the entire night in the ER getting iv fluids because I was so dehydrated I would throw up any bit of water I would drink. I didn't even realize I was dehydrated! Turns out my urine was dark because there was bilirubin in it which meant my liver was not functioning like it should.
11/06-The kids spend the day at Char and Scotts house and the night as well! We're so blessed to have such a wonderful couple for our daycare providers and friends. They fold my kids right into their family before I even have to ask.
They're running every test known to man and trying to siphon all my blood to figure out what's wrong. My family is so great, coming to visit and bring me presents, makes me feel so special! Finally on the 8th they come up with Cytomegalovirus. Mom finds out I'm in the hospital while she's changing planes in Houston and comes to the hospital about 4pm. They also diagnose me with strep throat. I have a little spot on my right arm that hurts, like an ingrown hair maybe, so I just get some neosporin and a bandaid for it. On the 10th I'm deemed well enough to go home.
By Tuesday morning the little spot on my arm is so infected the red goes all the way around the cuff of my arm. I'm having pelvic pain so bad I can hardly walk. I manage to get Daniel to daycare, and Alexis to school and I drive myself to the ER, sobbing the whole way, what a mess I was!
During an ultrasound they find I have a hemmoragic cyst on one of my ovaries. Painful, but no treatment really necessary. I get a bag of IV fluids and an order to have IV antibiotics twice a day for the next ten days.
So, now I go to the hospital at 9 in the morning and 9 at night for 2 hours. I have at least another week to go and I'm doing a bit better every day I think. Whew! What a couple of weeks!!

No comments: