Sunday, October 19, 2008

Surgery: complete!

The surgery went off without a hitch, thank goodness! I went in about 2:30 and remember asking what time it was around 5:30.
It was supposed to be outpatient, but my oxygen levels were too low, and my pain levels were too high to send me home so I stayed the night. I can't imagine this EVER being outpatient!
The nurse told me that most people who have a ventral hernia repaired usually end up staying at least one night, so I'm not the exception.
For now I'm hanging out in bed, taking my pills on time (or facing the concequences), and letting mom totaly handle the kids. I'm SO glad she's here!
The kids were picked up friday by Dad and Lori and stayed the night. They had a lot of fun playing with the kittens, and saturday they went to a corn maze! Dad and Lori dropped them off around 6. I had gotten home around 2 so I had a nap before they got home.

The kids have remembered to be VERY careful with me since my entire abdomen is very sore, even with the darvocet I'm taking.
Mom will be here monday, but I'm on my own Tuesday!
Better get my rest :)

No comments: